Friday, November 9, 2012

C4T #3

"Are We Declaring The Wrong War"
This blog post is by David Warlick, and was posted on October 15, 2012. He talks about a New York Times post that he read. It was about the war on regular books and e-readers. Dr.Warlick believes we should switch over to using mostly just technology. He made some good points in his post. Check it out.

My comment: Hi! I am Rachel. I am in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I think schools should use both paper and digital technology. Writing material down always helps me remember things. I couldn't imagine doing everything on a tablet for school. Great blog


"Since Twitter Was Unavailable"

I was assigned to the same teacher for this week too, David Warlick. His post is about a conference he went to in Kuala Lumpur. He named his post "Since Twitter Was Unavailable", because he didn't have good internet connection to tweet during the conference. His post discusses three different speakers that spoke at the conference. They talked about school in the future, attendance, and how school is today.One of the speakers thinks we shouldn't talk about school in the future. He put his tweets, that he wish he could have tweeted, during the conference in his post too. They were very good, and explained exactly what the speakers were talking about.

My comment: Hey! I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and I am in EDM 310. It sounds like you had a successful trip! I am sorry to hear about the poor internet connection, though. I think we should be talking about schools in the future. Education is changing so fast, and we need to be prepared. I can see school attendance being somewhat optional in the future, but not now. It seems like students will only be going to class a few days a week, and the rest by a computer at home. If students need additional help they can come to school on days not required. That is just my opinion. Great post!

1 comment: